Thought of the Week:
Each week staff share the Thought of the Week which is connected to the theme of the week. This helps both students and staff focus and consider local and wider issues. Discussion during registration time helps the students develop their opinions. Please see the below downloadable Thoughts of the Week.
Monthly Safeguarding focus:
Each month we focus on a different safeguarding aspect. This is delivered through the Thought of the Week.
November - Anti-bullying
December - Rights and responsibilities
January - Equality/LGBT
February - Internet Safety
March - Healthy relationships
April - Dealing with addiction
May - Wellbeing
June - Preventing radicalisation
July - Personal safety (summer holidays)
All students in Years 7 and 8 cover PSHE in the time tabled fortnightly curriculum time. In Year 7 students cover bullying, online safety, healthy eating, budgeting and SRE (including healthy relationships/domestic violence). In Year 8 students cover rights and responsibilities, youth crime, careers/choices and SRE (including healthy relationships/domestic violence).
Students in Years 9, 10 and 11 receive PSHE through collapsed timetable days. These take place termly and cover the following topics:
- SRE (including healthy relationships/domestic violence)
- Emotional wellbeing
- Thought of the week and safeguarding - 9...13th Jan 2017
- Thought of the week and safeguarding - 2...03rd Dec 2016
- Thought of the Week and Safeguarding - W...20th Nov 2016
- Thought of the Week and Safeguarding - W...28th Feb 2017
- Thought of the Week and Safeguarding upd...06th Mar 2017
- Thought of the week and safeguarding - 1...16th Mar 2017