Careers & Post 16
FHS is committed to providing a planned programme of impartial careers education and information, advice and guidance for all students in Years 7-11. FHS will include information on 16-18 education and training and will give this information in an impartial way, calling on the advice from Essex County Council Strategic Support Team and an Independent IAG Advisor.
Careers & Post 16 information
The following are links to www.gov.uk pages with information on Careers and Post 16 choices.
- Qualifications Explained
- 14 to 19: your life, your options
The following are other website which may help in choosing what to do after leaving FHS
- For information on university and higher education go to - UCAS website
- For careers information go to - https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/Pages/Home.aspx & http://www.careersbox.co.uk/
- For information on post 16 courses in Essex - http://www.i-essex.co.uk/
- For information on apprenticeships - http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/
The subjects and qualifications you study over Years 10 and 11 will affect how you spend your time during your next two years at school. It could also help set you up for the career or college course you want later on.
Final destination information for 2016-2017 cohort can be found here. Each January, we contact the students from the previous cohort to check their final destination.