Exam Board: Edexcel
Course code / Specification number: 2SP01
Level of qualification: GCSE
What will the students learn about?
Theme 1: identity and culture
Theme 2: local, national, international and global areas de interest
Theme 3: current and future study and employment
What skills will students develop and demonstrate?
- An understanding of Spanish in a variety of contexts.
- A knowledge of French vocabulary and structures.
- Transferrable learning skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively in Spanish.
- Awareness and understanding of countries and communities where Spanish is spoken.
How will students’ learning be assessed?
The course consists of 4 skills all externally assessed:
- Listening: 25%
- Speaking: 25%
- Reading: 25%
- Writing: 25%
What grades can students achieve?
After completing this course—what can students’ progress on to?
This qualification offers a suitable progression route to GCE AS and GCE Advanced Level in Spanish language study as well as other level 3 qualifications. In addition, the study of one language at GCSE can facilitate and help promote the learning of other languages. The qualification may also add to an individual’s employability profile.
For further information, please contact:
Mr Sautron: email@example.com